Georgia Man Arrested For Poisoning Two Officers With Unknown Substance

Two Georgia police officers were hospitalized last Tuesday after being poisoned by a man who allegedly brought paperwork laced with an unknown substance into the police station.

Little Gaston Stone, 51, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault after he walked into the Smyrna Police Department to hand in paperwork for Police Chief Keith Zgnoc on Feb. 6 around 3 p.m. According to police, he was recording on a tablet while complaining about Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R).

As soon as both of the officers grabbed two pieces of paper, Stone “quickly” left the building, according to the warrant.

“The Officers took possession of two pieces of paper, and Mr. Stone quickly exited the building before walking North on Atlanta Rd.,” the warrant read.

Within a few minutes, the officers began showing signs of distress. They complained of “ ‘extreme fatigue, chest pain, chest tightness, dizziness and difficulty in breathing.”

“Approximately five minutes later, both Officers began to experience respiratory distress and extreme fatigue,” according to the warrant. “They were both transported to the hospital, where they remain with ongoing symptoms.”

The officers were released on Friday and were reported as “doing okay.”

The incident sent shock throughout the Smyrna community. Tony Magee, who works in Smyrna called the incident “devastating.”

“They’re here to protect and serve and for someone to have the confidence to come into a building like that and still do it, is devastating.”

The identity of the substance is still unknown. According to Fox News, FBI Atlanta is assisting Smyrna with testing potential evidence from the papers.

Stone is no stranger to the justice system. He has a prior history of aggravated assault.

He also reportedly pled guilty last October to terroristic threats after being indicted in 2021 for threatening to blow up a building. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

He also served one year in jail and nine months on probation after pleading guilty to aggravated assault and battery in 2004, as well as in 1996.

Stone was detained at the Cobb County Jail without bond.

The incident is currently under investigation.